Join IMPA ACT and sustainability consultancies Global CSR and Alexony for a one-day workshop on Responsible Business Conduct.
The workshop, created and principally delivered by Sune Skadegaard Thorsen, will teach participants how to develop their commitment to respect human rights, environment and the economy, conduct their regular operational-level due diligence, and ensure their responsibility in business relationships (customers and suppliers).
- Date and Time: Monday, 12 December 2022, 09:00 - 16:30 (lunch included)
- Location: QEII Centre, London, UK (please note the session will be recorded and accessible on demand after the workshop by all participants)
- Time: 09:00 - 16:30
- Price: £500.00 per person (for every two attendees from the same company, the third place is free, and all IMPA ACT and Incentra members get a discount of 10%)
Here's what is covered during the workshop:
- What are the minimum requirements to Responsible Business Conduct (RBC)? Understanding the UN Guiding Principles and the OECD Guidelines on which IMPA ACT has based its Code of Conduct.
- How does the minimum standard for RBC relate to the wider field of CSR or CR or Corporate Sustainability, including the SDGs and the UN Global Compact?
- What are the requirements to your company's commitment? The key elements of a Policy Commitment.
- What is social, environmental and economic due diligence? How to document it using the csrCloud, the new online platform for all-in-one CSR Due Diligence tool.
- What to do in your company on a Monday? Starting up the due diligence work for the company.
- How do you manage your responsibility in business relationships, including suppliers?
- How can IMPA ACT help you meet the minimum standard for Responsible Business Conduct and work with your suppliers towards doing the same?
Please note that we advise companies wishing to participate send at least two representatives, as this encourages a more active exchange of ideas and experience in each specific operational context.
Upon completion of the course, all participants will receive a digital Certificate of Attendance, confirming they have learned about the importance and mechanisms of aligning their company's practice with internationally-endorsed standards for business and human rights. They will also receive a Workshop Knowledge Pack filled with guides and templates for conducting CSR Due Diligence the right way.
If you would like to attend this training, please register your interest by emailing our team at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary Facilitator: Sune Skadegaard Thorsen
Sune is the CEO/founder of GLOBAL CSR, and is recognised as a leading sustainability consultant advising corporations, governments, multilateral organisations and non-governmental organisations on how to implement CR with an International Principles-Based Approach. He has extensive experience working with policy and strategic advice, implementation, training, issues management, project management, communication and reporting. Sune has pioneered the field of Business and Human Rights since 1996. He based his ground-breaking work on 10 years’ experience as a corporate lawyer and director. Sune has written extensively on Business and Human Rights. He teaches and participates in numerous CSR initiatives internationally.